Do you have talents you would like to put to good use?
Lamorinda Village offers all of us ways to help our neighbors. Volunteers experience the satisfaction that comes with using their skills to make a positive difference in people's lives.
Volunteers form a cornerstone of Lamorinda Village, drawing upon the untapped capacity of people in our communities to support each other. Volunteers can include members, their children, college students, empty nesters, retirees, and many others from the community.
- You will stay active - physically, mentally and socially
- You will make a difference and improve the quality of life of our seniors
- You will put your talents, skills, and capacities to good use
- You will get to know many more of your neighbors
- You will pay it forward, knowing that someday you also will need support
- You will enhance your sense of well-being by volunteering 1-2 hours a week, according to recent medical research
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Be a friend - read, visit, call to say “hi”
- Change a light bulb
- Water plants
- Plant flowers or tomatoes
- Drive a senior to an appointment or shopping
- Prepare a meal
- Help with repairs
- Help with computers
- Help in the office
- …and so much more
Can you commit 1-3 hours, once or twice a month? or more?
Our seniors need your help.
Please fill out the volunteer application:
Please download and complete the Lamorinda Village Confidentiality and Volunteer Privacy Information documents:
ATTN: Volunteer Committee
P.O. Box 57
Lafayette, CA 94549